Now Hiring – Installer
Who are we? A small, 30 year old family oriented company in Orono that fixes radon.
Our culture: Christian music or conservative talk are often on the radio. You won’t hear a co-worker use the “F” word or brag about how drunk he got or describe his latest sexual conquest. Our primary value is to discover and meet the needs of our clients and employees- to do the right thing even when we’d rather take the easy route. We focus on our values: Focus on money and you lose touch with your values. Focus on your values, and money is the blessing that follows.
Your mission…should you decide to accept it, is to put your carpentry training to use in a new trade with a group of people who share your values.
- In 2017, our installers earned around $80,000.
- Medical, holidays, vacation and IRA
- A track record of success in new home construction.
- At least 1 year experience in framing, electrical, plumbing or HVAC.
- Comfortable on ladders and roofs.
- Since we work unsupervised in clients’ homes, installers submit to drug tests and background checks.
- We furnish the truck, tools and training.
- It’s less abusive on the body than carpentry, but you need to be in shape. You will run a small jackhammer, carry buckets of sand, and wiggle into tight spaces. You’ll spend time in attics and the occasional crawl space.
- After about 6 months of on the job training, you’ll take a one week class to become certified. You’ll work with another installer for about 6 more months. Then, on any given day, you could be working alone or with another installer.
- Your day is done when the jobs are done- usually 7 to 9 hours- including paid drive time. The average week is 40 hours.
- Most jobs are in the west suburbs, from Chanhassen to Maple Grove.
- The work is stable and year round.
You’ll be working on site with Josh Larson, who will tell you “I love my job!” Josh started learning the construction trades by working for his uncle when he was just a kid. After high school, he became a 3rd generation carpenter and spent 7 years building homes and 3 years running his own remodeling company. In 2013 Josh decided to bring his wide range of skills to the radon industry and joined us as an installer. Josh is energized by new adventures and challenges- a real plus on hard-to-fix homes.
Who will thrive at this job?
- A qualified framer. Can you frame a house yourself? Are you confident of what’s behind the sheetrock and carpet?
- A craftsman. You want to work with your hands. You’re not a salesman or desk jockey.
- You like facing challenges and solving problems.
- You are irritated by slackers, and would love a job where everyone wants to work fast, get a bonus and go home early.
- You have a servant’s heart. When the client says “Can you put the pipe here?” you say “no problem”, even though it means moving the wood pile in the garage or working in a tight attic on a hot day.
- You want stability. You’re tired of seasonal layoffs and unpredictable building cycles.
- You live on the west side and would like the short drive to the shop in Orono. No more unpaid hours driving to jobs in the hinterlands.
Reviews: Do you want a job where you are really appreciated? This is it. Follow this link to read reviews from our clients: http://fixradon.com/about-us/testimonials/
The real kicker: I’m a Christian right wing conservative gun loving outdoorsman who listens to Christian music and conservative talk and you have to spend all day with me and people like me.
Sound interesting? Have questions? Call Randy at 612-590-5366.
- Click this to read the Job Description.
- Click this to read the Employee Handbook.
- Click this to print the Job Application, complete it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 525 Orchard Park Rd., Long Lake MN 55356 or fax it to 952-476-8288.
Really want the job? Send a cover letter explaining why this job is a perfect match for you. Make some substantive comments about this document, the Job Description and the Employee Handbook so I know you read them and really understand who we are.